The Chamber’s unique Non-Profit Council brings together representatives of local non-profit organizations and interested members of the Greater Brighton business community. The purpose of the Council is sharing beneficial education and information for non-profit and event management, promoting cooperation between organizations to better leverage resources, and creating opportunities for cooperation between the for-profit and non-profit sectors to help promote a better quality of life and local economy.
The Nonprofit Council meets the third Wednesday of each month at Platte Valley Medical Center in Conference Room A. Chamber members interested in the mission of this group are welcome to attend. Note: this is a working lunch meeting—food is available for purchase in the Aspen Bistro located in the Medical Center, or feel free to bring lunch with you.
Why should non-profit organizations join the Greater Brighton Chamber of Commerce?
Nonprofit Chamber members in good standing who participate in the Nonprofit Council enjoy the following opportunities:
- If you have an event site/Facebook event, or a special news announcement (especially if it also involves other community organizations/businesses like a large check presentation, etc.), submit a link to the Chamber Facebook page via messenger and we can share your event/news on the Chamber page.
- Utilize the Chamber Master calendar to create event listings. These will show up on the Member’s (as opposed to the Chamber Sponsored Events) Calendar via the Chamber website.
- Be sure to keep your profile on Chamber Master updated; suggestion: use the bulleted list to link to specific topics on your website you want to highlight (i.e. your “how to get involved”, “Upcoming Events”, “Wish List”, etc. pages)
- Participate in the Annual Non-profit Luncheon/Breakfast
- Networking: make it a point to attend the various networking events the Chamber and business members offer.
- Create viable, mutually beneficial partnership opportunities for local businesses to partner with you!