The Chamber is currently accepting applications for a Community Concierge/Special Events Coordinator. To apply for this position, please direct a cover letter and resume to Naomi Colwell by June 9, 2017.
The Brighton Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to helping local companies grow their busin.ess by taking the lead in programs and efforts that help create a strong local economy and make Brighton a great place to do business. Additionally, the Brighton Chamber of Commerce provides active and relevant networking and leadership opportunities meant to assist members in growing their bottom line and developing exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills. The Community Concierge serves as the primary point of contact for public inquiries and communication about Brighton and the surrounding community. Additionally, the scope of this position (10-15 hours per week, as directed) will include assisting the Chamber of Commerce Staff in planning, preparation for, and execution of special events.
- Greet and assist guests at Community Resource and Visitors Center. The Concierge will be expected to help educate guests on all that Brighton has to offer, answer questions and distribute materials.
- Answer main Chamber line and assist caller with their needs.
- Manage the Chamber’s Welcome Bag and relocation kit program.
- Manage business and community information in the Community Resource and Visitors Center. This includes organizing brochures, monitoring quality of signage and brochure holders, etc.
- Coordinate distribution efforts of Community Information and Visitors Guide via mail, statewide visitor’s centers and Visit Denver locations.
- Assist with timely and relevant community updates via the Chamber and Discover Brighton social media outlets.
- Research and implement NEW avenues for increasing community awareness to internal and external audiences.
- Manage and utilize reciprocal membership with Visit Denver.
- Contribute content to annual Community Information and Visitors Guide.
- Work with other local Visitors Centers to fully understand best practices that can lead to further development of Brighton efforts.
- Attend all community events and promote Brighton, the Visitors Center, events, etc.
- Build a community database to assist in the promotion of local opportunities.
- Assist with event planning, coordinating and execution, which may include coordination of logistics, providing day-of-event management, and providing general overall support for any Chamber events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President & CEO
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced, office environment that requires multi-tasking.
- Attention to detail and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills to ensure that productivity and quality service level are met
- Ability to operate a computer and use standard Microsoft Office programs required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Significant experience in customer service, marketing, or related industries /positions
- High School Diploma required.
- This is mainly a sedentary role so must be able to sit for long periods of time without problems
- Must be able to have repetitive arm, wrist, hand and/or finger movement to type and work on computer
- Occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to use close vision and able to focus including but not limited to reading/proofing various material, and looking at a computer screen
- The position will require the ability to lift 0-25lbs is required.
- Generally work in an indoor controlled environment
- Frequent travel to and from businesses in variable weather/road conditions
- Ability to work in a noisy or distracting environment
- Adaptable to the prospective or existing member’s work environment
The Greater Brighton Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer.