Chamber membership opens the door to a multitude of opportunities to meet other professionals, to access new ideas and learning opportunities, network with a variety of local leaders and officials, and more. Our events generally also include great food, chances to win some terrific prizes, and we never say no to fun! Annually, Chamber members are invited to approximately 60 events.
View our Events Calendar
- Annual Chamber Awards & Gala: Due to our growth over the past few years and member feedback, we have split the official awards presentation and our annual gala into two great events—a presentation luncheon to allow us to better honor our award winners, and a gala for our members who enjoy the opportunity to get dressed up and celebrate at a year-end bash filled with fun, food, friends, and festivities.
- Great Rubber Duck Race: Held each summer at the Brighton Oasis Aquatic Park, this event is open to the public and tons of fun! We start with the Big Brandable Ducks making their way around the lazy river to win their owners prizes and culminate with the Great Duck Race where we throw 4,000 ducks down the giant waterslide and the first twenty or so ducks to the finish line win a variety of awesome prizes from cash to gift certificates to local businesses and entertainment venues. Toss in a picnic style dinner and some swim time, and you have a recipe for a fun family-friendly evening.
- Golf Tournament: What do you get when you cross a fun theme, 120+ golfers, crazy games and contests, delicious food, give-aways and prizes? The annual Greater Brighton Chamber Golf Tournament of course! More than one participant has said our tournament is the most fun tournament they’ve ever played. You do not have to be a member to golf.
- New Teacher Luncheon: Each year, in conjunction with School District 27J and participation from wonderful community sponsors, we welcome over 100 new teachers to our community and show them how much they are appreciated in our community. Each new teacher is provided with a goodie bag full of items they can use in their class rooms, gift certificates, a great lunch, and a program of fun activities and prizes.
- Taste of Brighton: One of the main purposes for a chamber is to promote local business, and the Greater Brighton Chamber is extremely pleased to promote the local restaurants and caterers. The public is invited to take part in this fantastic event and partake of all of the delicious offerings available here in our community.
Monthly Networking Events
- Business After Hours: Each month one or more of our members hosts or cohosts this event, providing the venue and refreshments. Business After Hours are all about networking and making connections to further your business, but we often throw in the opportunity for door prizes as well.
- Business Before Hours: Pretty much just like a Business After Hours, but with a morning twist on things. It’s a great way to get your day started, making new or strengthening old connections, learning new things, and more.
- Ribbon Cuttings: We love welcoming new members to our Chamber membership, and to celebrate their opening, new location, remodel, etc.
- Member Meetings: As part of our efforts to keep our members informed and provide leadership development presentations, the Chamber offers quarterly Membership Meetings in either a luncheon or breakfast format. These events are open to members and their guests and include the Annual State of the Chamber meeting, Candidate Forum luncheon, and Non-profit Networking Luncheon.